Time for a change

Well another holiday from hell has passed and I lived to tell the tale once more. Things are always hectic around the holidays but this year I had the added bonus of job interviewing. As I write this I have only three more working days at my current position. Next Monday I start my new job. So you see why my posts have been rather erratic. At least that is my excuse this time.

My wife and I decided to stay home this year instead of travelling to the North East. Stayed nice and warm and I even went swimming the past several days. Too bad the actual Christmas holiday was not as serene sounding. I once again got to enjoy the company of my wife's Uncle Bill. I know that if you heard me gripe about this man in the past you may start to think that I don't care for the man. I don't. And I am not alone in this thinking. He always seems to cast a black cloud over the Christmas season by his mere presence. It is plainly obvious that he only ventures to Florida once a year for money. Too bad his check is not written in September or any other month so I don't have to be any where near him. To add to my misery supplied by Uncle Bill, my mother in law brought two dogs with her for her stay (plus my one = 3 dogs in my house!!) who "marked their territory" all over my house, my own mother got sick with pneumonia and had to fly home early, and then my wife and I both got a stomach flu. Luckily I passed mine rather quickly. So now I welcome the new year and new job and look forward to change. Already the future looks brighter. My carpets are cleaned, Uncle Bill has gone home, my wife and I are feeling better and my Mom should be going home from the hospital today.

I did have time for a quick sketch of a cowboy tho........

Comments

  1. Wow dude...
    Anyway, where are you working now????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment