Ant-Man

I don't know why. I have been re-establishing my childhood connection to Ant-Man. I am too young to remember the original one, but in the late '70's, when John Byrne was at his arguable peak, he and Bob Layton introduced a new Ant-Man in a two issue artistic extravaganza. I gotta admit, I changed the helmet a bit because,....well, because I don't draw it well enough. In my opinion only Byrne and Kirby got it right. And Kirby kept changing it!!

Most of my sketches were done in bed as my wife and I usually read before retiring for the night. As usual, I ask her for her opinion and she is usually blunt with it. I joked and asked her if thumbnails of Ant-Man are redundant. She thought that was funny but she does NOT understand the concept of a miniature super-hero. Which in turn made me think of a classic SNL skit with John Belushi as the Hulk and Dan Ackroyd as The Flash, relentlessly teasing a Garret Morris portrayed Ant-Man. Google that if you get a chance!! Anyway, here are some doodles of The Ant-Man!!




Comments

  1. here you go...
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/4137/saturday-night-live-superhero-party#s-p4-st-i0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool sketches.

    I found this the other day and thought you might enjoy it:

    http://fatwonderwoman.blogspot.com/

    It's a site where people post there plus size Wonder Woman illustrations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment