Of Mice and.............Mice.

I have to admit, I really love drawing Disney characters and I still get a thrill when I see someone wearing a shirt I drew with Mickey on it or when they turn my art into a pin or mug or whatever. I always loved Mickey and I remember the first time I came to Florida with my family way back in '74 or '75. Was my first plane ride too. All the way from that far away land of New Jersey!! So what am I getting at?? Well, on that trip I specifically wore a Mighty Mouse t-shirt because I thought I had something figured out. You know how Clark Kent is secretly Superman?? Well, I thought that Mickey Mouse was secretly Mighty Mouse. Made perfect sense to me. I was in the know and I wore that shirt as a wink to Mickey to let him know that I knew and I would keep his secret!! Well, I was wrong and then I grew up but I still love these mice. Now I never got to actually make a shirt with Mighty Mouse on it (yet!), but I have designed several Mickey's. Have a look.









...and of course a Mighty Mouse.









...and a glimpse back.




Comments

  1. These are all pretty cool designs. I especially like the "Soarin Over California". Is it my imagination, or is Mickey's plane eerily similar to the Gee Bee in The Rocketeer?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment