The Duke

As I stated in my last post, I set out to try this new look of mine but with the added aspect of trying to keep a likeness as well. I am more or less pleased with the likeness and very happy with it as a piece all around. I may be biased tho since lately, nobody seems to be liking my work. I know times are tough and I need to keep things in perspective but I feel a bit beat up of late. I know rejection is a big part of being an artist, but I am going thru a LOT of it lately. Maybe I shouldn't be venting about such things here but I do find a cathardic relief sometimes from just writing stream of conscious style. Things sure seemed a lot clearer and easier in a John Wayne movie!



Comments

  1. This is totally awesome. Great drawing and the textures add so much. This style works great for you. Can't wait to see your next piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the style. The face in particular is right on.

    Things are hard all over right now. With the economy tanking, I'm seeing more and more offers of exposure, and less of paycheques. One editor posted that you could have the honour of being in a fantasy art book along with well known artists in exchange for credit and a copy of the book. Of course unpublished students jump all over it and it's hard to blame them. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment