I used to draw with a pencil

Back in the day I did all my pencil drawings and took them to the fullest. Or at least the fullest I could with my meager abilities. I really labored over this drawing. It was done on cold press illustration board at something like 16 x 20! I spent FOREVER working on this. Pulling reference from magazines because I had no Internet and I had no Photoshop! Might as well have been a cave painting! I remember being close to finishing this while working at the campus bookstore when a teacher came in and asked to borrow it to show his class. I felt honored!

I came across this jpeg while searching for something else in my archievs and thought to share. I wish I had saved this original drawing and not painted over it. If only I had Photoshop a year earlier!


Comments

Post a Comment