Six Million Dollar FUN!!

So the entire collection of "The Six Million Dollar Man" is finally available on DVD. Too bad it costs about $250.00 and can only be bought as the set and only online at Time Life. This was my favorite show when I was a kid and I still love the opening intro. I remember having a few of the comics also but since they were published by Charleton, they were hard to find in North Jersey for some reason. I still have the action figure on my shelf and spent more hours than I could count playing with him. He was not the best toy on the market, but he was bionic for crying out loud!! I can tell you that the one item I never got and always asked for, was the Six Million Dollar Man lunch box. I never got any lunch box actually.

When I was graduating college, I painted a Six Million Dollar Man painting. I liked it then but not so much now. I do remember that I felt like I succeeded in some respect as a fellow student just stopped in his tracks when he saw it and told me how much he liked it and how many memories it stirred. It may not be a great work of art but it struck an emotional cord and isn't that what we strive for with any mark we make? I thought so.

So here is a bevy of Bionic treats. I wound up making two different compositions of my new drawing and am sharing the progression again as well.






I often wonder how much Steve Austin would cost today. If you are like me, you might get a kick out of reading this article for CNN Money back in 2008.





Here is a shot taken with my iPhone last night of one of my toy shelves in my office at home. There is Col. Austin, proudly displayed next to Spider-Man and Slinky!






Visit my Red Bubble store to purchase items with this art.

Comments

  1. We can rebuild him. We have the technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon! These are fantastic! Absolutely! Your style is fun and exciting! Will definitely promote through our online feeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jon, I really love your work. I'm a big fan.

    Paul. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment