Freddy Krueger. Part One

Is Freddy a classic monster?? In my last post I stated that I would do a classic monster next and I did Freddy Krueger. He's been around long enough now right?? Long enough to get a remake so he must be classic. I know I am right about this. I think Freddy originally came about when I finally found the courage to watch horror movies. I don't just mean the classic Universal horror movies, but the current, well, 1980's current, movies being shown in the theatre. I don't think I saw Freddy in the theatres to be honest. I think I had to wait to rent it on a videocassette. I am now wondering how many more times I can date myself in this post! I actually thought I was going to do the Frankenstein monster when I initially made the comment earlier, so I kind of surprised myself when I actually sat down and worked out the Freddy Krueger piece from a doodle I had done earlier. I think I may have even posted it on Facebook but I am really too lazy to go back and check. I am going to post an early sketch here in case you are too lazy as well.


Here is a cut and pasted (feels weird calling it "frankensteined" on this post for some reason) doodle.



Photoshop sketch to refine my gesture.




Color added. What the heck, right?





Quick mock up.




Comments