Sunday, March 2, 2014

Gold Monkeys

I am highly susceptible sometimes. Recently, over on my Facebook page, someone simply stated in a comment or message, "Tales of the Gold Monkey". If you don't know what that is, Google it. It was a tv show back in the early '80's that had many of the conventions of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I remember watching the show and liking it. I have also not seen it since and memories sometimes have a way to romanticize the past and in most cases, it's better that way. That is not to say that I won't be Googling it myself once I am done typing this! This was really just supposed to be a simple sketch and then I got carried away. Again. So here is Stephen Collins as Jake Cutter and his one-eyed dog Jack!






Also, while looking for pics for reference to the show, I came across some old drawings used to advertise the show in TV Guide. I remember these pics and had clipped them and taped them to the back of my bedroom door as a kid. That's what I would do. Don't judge me! I am not 100% sure, but they look like early Drew Struzan illustrations.






No comments:

Post a Comment