Hellboy!

I have always loved Hellboy. I remember when he first came out and have many of this first appearances. I have also been lucky enough to have met Mike Mignola on two occasions. One before Hellboy and one after. Super nice guy! For some reason, I don't have enough Hellboy on my shelf. I will have to rectify that. I enjoyed both movies (and still hold out hope for a third) as well as the animated version too. For this picture of the big red guy, I took the obvious visage of Ron Perlman and modified some of his proportions to be a bit more comic like. Bigger brow, jaw and more space from his nose to lip. Not too drastic, but enough. This was a really fun piece to work on and am pretty happy with the results. I hope you all like it as well.





Here is the progression of the piece as well. Enjoy!






Comments