The Dude Returns!

No. This is not about a sequel to the movie. It's really about me being not as satisfied with my last venture with the good Mr. Lebowski. I know. He's not Lebowski; he's the dude. The first picture I painted of The Dude was very much inspired by sheer inspiration and not much thought was given to composition or much else. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just what it is. But I decided that I wanted to re-explore the possibilities of the characters and dip into the waters for a second time. Plus I had the portraits of Donnie and Walter already done and it was a waste to not let them be seen. I have to say that I am pleased with how this came out. I enjoy adding the little touches like the name of the bowling alley and the sponsors on the bottom and think that it really shows that I do care about the small stuff too. I hope you enjoy re-visiting this again as well.








Comments