Six Million Dollar FUN!!
So the entire collection of "The Six Million Dollar Man" is finally available on DVD. Too bad it costs about $250.00 and can only be bought as the set and only online at Time Life. This was my favorite show when I was a kid and I still love the opening intro. I remember having a few of the comics also but since they were published by Charleton, they were hard to find in North Jersey for some reason. I still have the action figure on my shelf and spent more hours than I could count playing with him. He was not the best toy on the market, but he was bionic for crying out loud!! I can tell you that the one item I never got and always asked for, was the Six Million Dollar Man lunch box. I never got any lunch box actually.
When I was graduating college, I painted a Six Million Dollar Man painting. I liked it then but not so much now. I do remember that I felt like I succeeded in some respect as a fellow student just stopped in his tracks when he saw it and told me how much he liked it and how many memories it stirred. It may not be a great work of art but it struck an emotional cord and isn't that what we strive for with any mark we make? I thought so.
So here is a bevy of Bionic treats. I wound up making two different compositions of my new drawing and am sharing the progression again as well.
I often wonder how much Steve Austin would cost today. If you are like me, you might get a kick out of reading this article for CNN Money back in 2008.
Here is a shot taken with my iPhone last night of one of my toy shelves in my office at home. There is Col. Austin, proudly displayed next to Spider-Man and Slinky!
When I was graduating college, I painted a Six Million Dollar Man painting. I liked it then but not so much now. I do remember that I felt like I succeeded in some respect as a fellow student just stopped in his tracks when he saw it and told me how much he liked it and how many memories it stirred. It may not be a great work of art but it struck an emotional cord and isn't that what we strive for with any mark we make? I thought so.
So here is a bevy of Bionic treats. I wound up making two different compositions of my new drawing and am sharing the progression again as well.
I often wonder how much Steve Austin would cost today. If you are like me, you might get a kick out of reading this article for CNN Money back in 2008.
Here is a shot taken with my iPhone last night of one of my toy shelves in my office at home. There is Col. Austin, proudly displayed next to Spider-Man and Slinky!
![]() |
| Visit my Red Bubble store to purchase items with this art. |





We can rebuild him. We have the technology!
ReplyDeleteJon! These are fantastic! Absolutely! Your style is fun and exciting! Will definitely promote through our online feeds.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jon, I really love your work. I'm a big fan.
ReplyDeletePaul. Thanks so much!!!