A few months ago, a nice fellow named Paul Smith from Wonderful Books contacted me about contributing a piece for the new publication that can be read about
here. I have to say that I only hesitated for a moment as he asked me to draw Wilf. Now I know that Bernard Cribbins is a huge star in England, but I really only know him from Doctor Who. And before he was Wilf. I know him from the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movie from the sixties as I had that movie on VHS years ago! And I really enjoyed his character Wilf as well.
Let's start with the final as it shows up on the thumbnail for the blog. What better reason to start that way.
Now I can go back to the beginning and show the rest of the journey.
 |
| Sketchbook. |
 |
| Color comp. |
 |
| Final drawing. |
 |
| Inked. |
 |
| Inked and flat color. |
|
 |
| Painted. |
 |
| Photo of the actual printed page. |
Comments
Post a Comment