Superman Celebration Part 2!
While there were many highlights from the event I would like to point out two very special ones. First is giving a big thanks to Jim Bowers of CapedWonder.com for not only his friendship and help but for also going out of his way to have a piece of art I did get signed by so many celebrities from Superman: The Movie! This piece was done by request for a show in Kansas and it includes so many signatures including the late Margot Kidder. I can't thank you enough Jim.
Also at the event and seated right across from me was the great Alex Saviuk! Alex has been drawing Spider-Man for over 30 years which includes an epic run on Web of Spider-Man as well as working on the daily strip to this day! I have been a fan of his work longer than I even realized. I recently re-purchased an issue of Action Comics that I had as a kid and remembered loving the back up feature of a young character called Air Wave. Turns out it was Alex drawing it! I got to ask him about it and he then surprised me on the last day of the show with a drawing of Air Wave!! I was (and still am) over the moon about getting this! Thank you Alex! You are awesome!!
Also at the event and seated right across from me was the great Alex Saviuk! Alex has been drawing Spider-Man for over 30 years which includes an epic run on Web of Spider-Man as well as working on the daily strip to this day! I have been a fan of his work longer than I even realized. I recently re-purchased an issue of Action Comics that I had as a kid and remembered loving the back up feature of a young character called Air Wave. Turns out it was Alex drawing it! I got to ask him about it and he then surprised me on the last day of the show with a drawing of Air Wave!! I was (and still am) over the moon about getting this! Thank you Alex! You are awesome!!


Comments
Post a Comment