Project Mercury!
I have been a fan of NASA since I was a really little kid. My parents were big fans as well and it was the joke in the house that my brother and I were named after famous astronaut, John Glenn (my brother's name is Glenn). My nickname growing up was "Buzz" and I was born on May 5th. I would also drive by the sign that commemorates Oradell, NJ as the birthplace of Wally Schirra every day on my way to high school. If you are a fan of NASA then you know what all those references mean. I remember more about visiting Kennedy Space Center as a kid than I do Walt Disney World and when I first moved to Florida, I convinced a whole group of people to go to Cocoa Beach for the day to watch a shuttle launch. I can now actually see enough of the booster rockets on a launch from the front of my house.
So when Space X recently launched their first manned crew to space, I was ecstatic! I was glued to the TV and raced outside to catch a glimpse in person! With my passion for NASA re-ignited, I finally began work in earnest on a piece I have been thinking about for a very long time. I figured I would start at the beginning with the Mercury 7. This has been so much fun!
Here is my picture honoring the original NASA astronauts and their accomplishments.
Enjoy!








I am also a fan! Your tribute piece is wonderful.
ReplyDelete