Jack Kirby's Superman!
You know I am a huge fan of Jack Kirby and especially his Fourth World saga. It is well known that when originally published, all images of Superman in Kirby's comics, his face was redrawn to "conform to DC standards". Which I never really understood. He drew a GREAT Superman! So when a before and after pic was recently posted I clipped it and thought it would be fun to "ink" the original pencil drawing by the King. Now, I did make a few tweaks. I didn't re-draw his hair, but I did flip it. I also lifted his collar and cape just a bit but still didn't redraw anything. After I lifted the collar, I did also feel the need to lift his right arm a bit but still didn't re-draw a thing! The ONLY thing I did re-draw was the crest on his chest. and boom, I think it's a great looking Superman. Kirby was, is, and will always be The King!



Comments
Post a Comment