Black Bolt!


 I have been "playing" in my sketchbook quite a bit lately. While I have posted pics of my sketchbook pages many times, I rarely do finished work in it. To me it's always been more of a place of artistic exercise, or exorcism! A place to work out visual problems for other work. But I was watching videos of the great CF Payne and how he works in his sketchbook and was inspiring enough for me to try his technique out. It seemed simple enough, but I managed a way to make it way easier, and when I say that I mean lazier. I wound up modifying his process a bit to fit what worked better for me in the end. Not much tho. One day when I feel that I have reached a level of consistency with it, I will more than likely post about how I am going about it. But for now, here is a tiny "finished" drawing from my 3.5x5.5 sketchbook. Black Bolt!

Enjoy!


Comments

Post a Comment