My First Comic Book Page!





Going to gush a bit today. In all my years, I have never owned an actual page of comic book art. That changed the other week at HeroesCon. Alex Saviuk is truly a comic book great! I have known Alex for several years now, and he has always been nothing short of a kind, warm, supportive man. Back in 2018, when we were both guests at the Superman Celebration, he surprised and gifted me a sketch of an almost forgotten DC character called Air Wave! I was a huge fan of the backup strip in Action Comics when I was a kid, and Alex was very generous to draw me a picture totally unprompted. I posted that back then, so go check it out. This year, Alex blessed my friend Mike and me almost every morning with a chat in the hotel lobby over coffee, and then I casually asked if he had any Air Wave pages left. He said he might have some back home, but not with him. Then, while just walking the floor, I spotted Alex waving his arms in the air and gesturing for me to come over. When I did, he was almost giddy in telling me that he had an Air Wave page with him that was stuck to another page and just found it and offered it to me at a price that I could not refuse (insert Godfather joke here). And what a great page too!! Thank you, Alex!!




Comments