Bond. James Bond!

 I was sick with the flu recently and while I was laying there on the couch for days on end, I watched a lot of James Bond movies. Many of you know that I love Bond and have drawn him several times in the past. You also know that of late, I have been interpreting characters for movie posters for animated projects that don't exist. I can't imagine an animated James Bond EVER existing considering how much it would get watered down. I know that there was a short-lived cartoon of "James Bond Jr.", but that's not the same thing.

I didn't really do a portrait of any one Bond, but I guess he looks most like Sean Connery. That's cool. I also wanted to keep a 1960's vibe to it with the haircut and such too. I did add a small scar on his cheek though as described by Fleming himself. The girl is no character in particular and I failed to come up with a clever name for her as so many had in the movies. I am willing to hear suggestions though. Blofeld was also no one actor and I really didn't even look at any. Besides the cat, the suit and the scar, he it from scratch. Jaws, on the other hand, is the only thing besides the car that I used heavy reference for. I think I got him down to if I don't say so myself.

So, there you have it! can you hear the theme music as you look at it?? I can.


Enjoy!






Here are some work in progress shots as usual.








Comments