The Amazing Spider-Man: 1977

 


Who remembers the live action Spider-Man TV show from the 1970's?? Besides me that is. I could not wait as a kid for this to be on! When he first climbed a wall, I was over the moon! Being a purist, even back then as a little kid and having an encyclopedia-like knowledge of the Spider-Man myth, I was perplexed as to why there was no Uncle Ben, villains like the Green Goblin and most of all, why were the web-shooter(s) on the outside of the costume??? He barely even swung anywhere! I understand now, obviously, that it was budget and safety concerns but try explaining that to a third grader.

I had a sketch for this on my iPad for some time and I knew I would get around to it sooner or later. Then my son, Joe, gave me The Art of the Spider-Verse book for my birthday recently. I felt inspired to push myself out of my recent comfort zone in regard to my coloring and try new things. What better subject matter than a Spider-Man picture! Right!?? So, I went back and started to finish it up. In the end, I changed more textures than coloring but changing my textures affected the layers I had to keep tinkering with adjustments. More than I cared for but that's what you do until something clicks. In the end I was happy enough, and truth be told, I also used this as a test piece for a much larger picture that was also already underway. That one is coming soon. I hope.


Here are some of the sketches used for this picture as always.







Enjoy!

Comments