Superman 2034!
Superman enters the public domain on January 1, 2034. I have even heard several comic professionals say that they are already working on a version of the character that they would then be able to use. This means that he cannot fly, no Daily Planet, no heat vision, x-ray vision, etc. You would only be legally allowed to use Superman as he FIRST appeared. But that still leaves so much to play with! His whole origin is summed up briefly in about half a page so lots of room to work. Of course, he looked a bit different as well. I am not saying I am preparing for that day myself, but it did intrigue me enough to doodle a sketch of Superman in 2034 based on 1938. What are your thoughts on the matter?
Enjoy!



It definitely sounds like a fun challenge - although one worries that the apparently endemic 'Wait a minute, what if SUPERMAN but ...' impulse will inflict yet more '... but EVIL' on us (Heaven knows we get enough of that as it is).
ReplyDeleteI am sure we will be seeing that. Just not from me. Not my style.
Delete