Tarzan!

 




Tarzan! Besides Disney's version of the jungle man, I have not really drawn Tarzan in years!! I did one as a quick con sketch but I wasn't happy with it so that doesn't count. I wasn't very happy with these sketches either to tell the truth. The one done in red pencil I thought had promise but that faded. The one drawn in blue almost as a throw away on the other hand.......

Funny how that "throw away" doodle turned out to be the right one. This grew very slowly on my iPad. A few lines here and there and then it would sit for a day or two. Maybe a month! I actually had drawn the trees in the background with more detail but when I turned off certain layers, I really liked the cut-out effect it left and just went with that. I fully colored this too but after looking at it, I thought it looked much better in just the black and white. I did add the classic Tarzan logo that was used everywhere for such a long time! I originally knew this version when it was on the covers of the legendary Joe Kubert comics that DC published. I remember being shocked when Marvel then got the license and used the same logo! That was so weird to me. 

Enjoy!







Comments