A Funky Phantom Re-Do!

Ten years ago, I drew a picture of my take on the old Hanna Barbera cartoon, The Funky Phantom. You find that post here on my blog, you can not only see all the work that went into it but also the proclamation of my being happy with the end results. Times have changed, and as proof to any of my students past or present, this shows that you never stop learning and hopefully getting better. As time went on, I became less and less satisfied with the final result, so I figured a re-do was necessary. Well, maybe not necessary but since I had been using this drawing on my iPad to demonstrate what I teach to my kids how it translates directly to digital work too. So here is my ink line drawing, shadows, lights and colors added one by one. A complete repaint at this point.









Here are the shots of the re-paint as well as a comparison. 









Comments