Ghostbusters (1975)!
So, this may not be the Ghostbusters that you were looking for and to be honest, I really don't know what inspired me to even draw this. It just came to me, and it seemed fun!! I actually watched this show as a kid and when I first heard mutterings of a Ghostbusters movie with Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray, I actually thought they were doing this version!! And I may have been a bit disappointed when I learned it was going to be different. I have not actually seen an entire episode of the show since it aired back in 1975 but I watched clips and decided to let my memory and nostalgia guide me. It is still a fun premise, and the outfits were great too. I never watched the cartoon spinoff in the '80's as it wasn't these guys! Missed opportunity. For the uninitiated, this was a live action show with Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch of F-Troop fame reunited as bumbling Ghostbusters aided by their friendly ape. They are funnily named, Spencer, Tracy and Kong. Kong is NOT the ape either.
As usual, here are some work in progress shots.





Comments
Post a Comment