The Centaur-Fish Man!
A while back we had dinner at a restaurant that had one of those paper tablecloths. Someone had a pen, and I naturally began to draw on it. We were at a seafood restaurant, so SpongeBob seemed like a natural choice. Then my wife Mindy began to tell the story of an odd dream she had several years ago that had a creature in it that was part man, part horse, and part fish. We couldn't stop giggling as she told her tale and even she started to have a hard time finishing it as she was laughing so much! I wish I could re-tell it here, but it would never live up to the hype. You had to be there. But I did do a (terrible) drawing of the "Centaur-Fish Man" and managed to take a snapshot of it. Sometime later I got the idea to draw it for real. It wound up languishing on my iPad for some time before this fall when I actually opened the file and then had the inspiration to finish it, add some type and give it to Mindy as a gift for Christmas. Now, I normally shy far away from gifting my artwork as I am very self-conscious of the thought of it so I wanted to make it something she would use. She dreamt of it so maybe a sleep shirt would be the thing. Perfect! I was off the races!
Here is the Centaur-Fish Man and even a rare shot of Mindy on Christmas morning with the shirt. Don't worry, she said I could post it. ;)
![]() |
| Isn't she cute? |







Comments
Post a Comment