"The Six Million Dollar Man: Animated"

"Gentlemen, ...we can rebuild him!"

Ok. Revisiting The Six Million Dollar man really got me feeling nostalgic! I even started watching the show on Peacock! I didn't plan this as I really try to take a break during the holiday season, but I was doodling ideas into my sketchbook, and I couldn't be stopped. Steve Austin: The Six Million Dollar Man!!! This was so much fun to do!!! I hope you like it. I know people will ask me why I used Farrah Fawcett instead of Lindsay Wagner. The answer is that I wanted it to be just a Six Million Dollar Man piece, not a bionic family shot, and Farrah was on the show so many times playing different roles and, of course, was married to Lee Majors at the time.



Here are several pages REALLY showing what it looks like to me when I start on an idea. Some of them were even done when I was waiting for the optometrist after my eyes being dilated!! You can even see very rough thumbnails for a composition too.






Here are even MORE drawings of me exploring The Six Million Dollar Man! I even drew some machinery!! Who is that girl with the famous hair?? Speaking of hair, sometimes I get too carried away and have to take a step back and remind myself to simplify it. My biggest hurdle was Bigfoot. I knew he had to be in the picture but getting a feel for him was harder than I thought and took me a bit to get to a point I was comfortable. Sometimes you have to let go of the likeness. All my early drawings of him looked like Alan Moore (the writer) more than Bigfoot. Even my son thought so.









Inking and flat colors for Steve Austin. Initially I was fully planning on painting the "bionics" to see thru in the final. What you see is as far as I got when I had a "happy accident" and saw something when I was playing with the layers. 








The Six Million Dollar Man is nothing without Oscar Goldman and Dr. Rudy Wells. After inking and coloring Rudy, I decided to add a stethoscope and a screwdriver!





And here is a bonus for you readers here. Here is a Line Art only version that you can print out and color for yourself!





Comments