Superman Revisited!



Flashback Friday!!! A few years back I posted a picture of Superman. It was based on a very rough sketch by John Byrne (my favorite Superman artist) with my finish/inks and colors. I recently looked at it and decided to freshen it up a bit. I touched up some of the inks and applied new textures over it as well as adding the classic Superman logo to it as well. Enjoy!

Here is the sketch that I found online that was the foundation of my work.




This is how the artwork has been described: "This piece was drawn while John was being interviewed by Evening Magazine prior to the Superman relaunch in 1986. Due to improper storage by the original owner, the paper is waterlogged, dented and has mold splotches all over it. The contrast and brightness have been greatly adjusted to make the detail show."

Comments

Post a Comment