Playing with (digital) ink

I have been really taken with Darwyn Cooke's artwork for some time now and found myself trying to emulate his brushwork but doing so in the digital realm. I think the simple shapes that he creates to define the form is so clean and simple and yet really elegant. I wish I knew the form as well as him to be this confident. Even tho my work winds up looking drasically different from his, I do find that I am always striving to find the form with shapes and then lighting it. At least I try. Here are some doodles of some tests I did with some spare time. The series of headshots at the bottom were all done with a different program. Illustrator, Photoshop and ArtRage. All the others were done in Photoshop.

I think that this is something that needs a LOT more exploration.



Comments