Monday, March 25, 2013

Wilf!

A few months ago, a nice fellow named Paul Smith from Wonderful Books contacted me about contributing a piece for the new publication that can be read about here. I have to say that I only hesitated for a moment as he asked me to draw Wilf. Now I know that Bernard Cribbins is a huge star in England, but I really only know him from Doctor Who. And before he was Wilf. I know him from the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movie from the sixties as I had that movie on VHS years ago! And I really enjoyed his character Wilf as well.

Let's start with the final as it shows up on the thumbnail for the blog. What better reason to start that way.


 Now I can go back to the beginning and show the rest of the journey.


Sketchbook.
Color comp.

Final drawing.

Inked.

Inked and flat color.
Painted.

Photo of the actual printed page.




No comments:

Post a Comment