Joe is 8!!

My son turns eight years old today!! Long time readers knows that means Dad works up a picture just for him for his birthday. Usually it is used on party invites and such but this year we will be not at home on the day of his birthday and we will be with family so no party like we have done in the past. Joe really loves his Lego's so he requested the theme himself and he really liked what I did. Here are the stages of making my son into a Lego character.

Basic line art.

Flat colors.

Painted figure.

Final design.

Shirt mock-up.


Also, while looking for reference and such when I started this project, I came across and iPhone app that takes pictures and makes them look like it was made out of Lego's! Here are some pics I made with it.


Joe

Me

Walt

My Bogey painting.

My Mickey painting.

Comments