Working on The Night Shift: Final!

It's done. It's FINALLY done!! Not that I was laboring over this one or anything like that, I actually really had fun working on this pic and I am super happy with the final result too! I hope the homage to the Shaun of the Dead poster is appreciated too. My one regret now that it's all over is that I didn't plan the headstones well enough. I should have had the people who worked on the movie's names on them. Or even mine! Oh well. Next time.

Happy Halloween everyone!!



And as usual, here is the time lapse movie too. Enjoy!





Update 10/28/11: Thanks to an insightful critic (that's you Cory!), here it is again but with a black border.





Comments

  1. I really love this! This piece is greatly appreciated. I love the character designs and everything about it. Great job! If you plan to add it to your shop, I'll be sure to pick up a shirt and poster. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool! Are you going to make the background black? I threw it into Photoshop and thought it popped a lot more on black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. I'll try that Cory. Wait!! You did already and didn't send me a jpeg??? I always hated you Cory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you Cory, you're right!! Aaargh!! I don't have the Photoshop file with me today so it will be nagging me until I can get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I do my best to be a PITA, but I'm good at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jon Pinto---Khristian Fulmer from The Night Shift. I'm the one with the gun in the center. I love this piece, and I am honored that you took your time to create this piece of art. I also love all your other work, and I wish you the best of luck on all you do. Thank you for helping me mark something else off my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you thought of doing Serenity/Firefly or any other of Joss's works? Love the Psych and Dr. Who pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the kind words Khristian. Funny you should mention Firefly. One of my favorite shows myself and I do have really loose sketches so .....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment